Do you want to continue discovering the ski resorts of Grandvalira? In today’s blog, we will talk about the Grau Roig ski resort.
Grau Roig is undoubtedly the most adventurous sector. In it you will find alpine skiing, snowmobiling, mountain skiing, dog sledding, zip lines for the little ones and even a Kilometer launched track!
Regardless of how old you are, if you are a lover of adrenaline, you will find your place in Grandvalira.
For ski and snowboard lovers
Up to 36 ski slopes for all levels await you in the Grau Roig sector:
Which restaurants are on the slopes of Grau Roig?
- Vodka Bar restaurant: This place offers the best selection of wine, champagne and vodka so that you can accompany its exquisite snacking options. If you prefer, at night they offer a premium menu that ends with a variety of very special desserts from Escribà.
- Refugi del Llac de Pessons restaurant: For those looking for traditional mountain food in a unique setting. Trinxat, rice, escudella and grilled meats. At night they offer a menu with quality products and very special for the most demanding diners.
- Arrosseria Pi de Migdia restaurant: As its name suggests, it is a perfect restaurant if you are looking to taste good rice. In addition to its wide variety of rice dishes, you will find meat cooked in a charcoal oven and starters of the most gourmet.
- Restaurant Braseria Piolet: This restaurant is located in a magical location and you will be able to see how they make your meat on the grill. You can also enjoy a menu suitable for vegetarians so that the whole family and friends can enjoy together.
Looking for something off the slopes? Here you can see our recommendations for the best off-piste restaurants.
What special activities can you do in Grau Roig?
Below you will understand why we said in the introduction that Grau Roig is the perfect place for the most adventurous!
In this sector is the Grandvalira Mountain Park, a place full of activities for all ages. We tell you about them below:
Also in Grau Roig you can also enjoy:
- Free ride circuits: for more experienced skiers looking to descend on slopes with virgin snow.
- Mountain ski circuits: more than seven circuits to practice mountain skiing. There are circuits suitable for all levels.
For the little ones
In this sector you will find the Kids Forest children’s circuit so that the little ones have a fun and unforgettable introduction to skiing and snowing. In it you will find circuits with endearing characters created to differentiate the levels of the tracks, activities such as the zip line and monitors who supervise the activities at all times.
If you want the children to start discovering the Kid Forest characters, here are some pictures so they can color them.
How to Get There
Grau Roig has Grau Roig, Anexe and Cubil, three large outdoor car parks. Consult here the latest information on parking.
Curiosity: The Riberal Black Speed Track
In Grau Roig you will find the famous Riberal Black track that year after year hosts the Kilometer World Cup launched.
It is the only approved speed ski slope on the Iberian Peninsula. Its maximum slope reaches 74%, its unevenness is 200 meters and its length is 900.
In it you will be able to see the fastest skiers in the world descend!
Now you just have to book your getaway at the Kabano Chalet to enjoy the endless activities that await you in Grau Roig.
Stay tuned to our blog if you want to continue discovering the best of Andorra!
The Kabano Rentals team.